Add flavor and balance with spices
Spices are not just great flavor enhancers — they come with therapeutic properties as well. Our Organic Churnas are precise blends of spices and seasonings that include all six ayurvedic tastes. Sauté the Churna in ghee and add to your dishes; add some to soups, stews and sauces as they’re cooking; or sprinkle over prepared vegetables or rice at the table. Convenient, and mouth-wateringly delicious!
The exotic colors and heady aromas of spices can elevate an ordinary dish into a sublime feast for the senses of sight, smell and taste. What’s more, most spices also come with therapeutic properties, so every meal that includes spices can become an experience in enhancing health and well-being. Ayurveda, the ancient system of healing from India, has been singing the praises of spices as “wonder foods” for thousands of years. Spices are ingredients in many synergistic ayurvedic herbal formulations, and an ayurvedic expert, when giving you advice, is as likely to recommend specific spices to include in your diet as to suggest herbal supplements for you to take.
- Organic coriander is a tridoshic spice highly appreciated in ayurveda. It is a cooling spice and contributes the sweet and astringent tastes. Ayurvedic texts suggest that it is good for digestion, whets the appetite, promotes a healthy response to allergens and also helps purify the blood.
- Organic fennel is extremely good for digestion. It acts as a general toner for the digestive system, and is particularly good for enhancing agni, the digestive fire, without aggravating Pitta.
- Organic dried ground ginger is a warming spice, contributing the pungent taste. It is useful in aiding digestion, promoting the appetite and pacifying stomach issues.
- Organic turmeric is ubiquitous in ayurvedic cooking. It contains the flavonoid curcumin. This all-around wonder spice is said to help detoxify the liver, help maintain healthy cholesterol levels, promote a healthy response to allergens, stimulate digestion, and support immunity and the complexion. It is also an antioxidant.
- Organic cinnamon is used to balance the digestion and to pacify stomach issues.
Ingredients: organic coriander, organic fennel, organic cumin, organic sugarcane, organic cardamom, organic ginger, organic turmeric, organic cinnamon, himalayan salt.
Suggested Use: Add to food during cooking. Keep on the table and add to prepared dishes at every meal. Mix in oil as a salad dressing. Sprinkle on popcorn for a gourmet treat.