Spices are ingredients in many synergistic ayurvedic herbal formulations, and an ayurvedic expert, when giving you advice, is as likely to recommend specific spices to include in your diet as to suggest herbal supplements for you to take.
- Licorice contributes the sweet taste, useful for pacifying both Vata and Pitta.
- Cardamom is a tridoshic spice (good for balancing all three doshas).
- Orris Root, Hyssop and Malabar Nut help clear out mucus and maintain normal fluid balance.
- Long Pepper Catkins, Peppermint, Spearmint, Ginger and Cinnamon help keep the upper respiratory tract clear.
- Holy Basil, Licorice and Marshmallow support the long-term health of the respiratory tract.
- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and is revered as a rasayana in ayurveda.
Holy Basil, Spearmint, Peppermint, Indian Sarsaparilla, Licorice, Ginger, Marshmallow Flower, Cinnamon, Malabar Nut, Hyssop, Long Pepper, Turmeric
Drink Maharishi Ayurveda Sniffle Free Tea for its cleansing, balancing effect any time of day or night, one to three cups per day.